Providing Legal Services Relating To Land Use & Zoning Issues for
The combination of Einbinder & Dunn’s transactional experience and understanding of land use law allows the firm to apply a Unique Perspective and an Experienced Approach® to clients seeking legal services necessary for site acquisition and development in New York City and the surrounding area.
Einbinder & Dunn’s zoning and land use practice handles all of the legal aspects of site development, including zoning changes, special permits, variances, landmark proceedings, air rights transfers, tax abatements and economic development incentives.
The firm has regularly appeared before municipal agencies that have land use jurisdiction, including the Board of Standards, the City Planning Commission, the Borough Presidents, the New York City Council and the Department of Buildings and Community Boards.
Representations and/or transactions include:
- Representing and advising one of the largest quick service restaurant chains in the USA on all of its regional zoning land use and development issues.
- Representing and advising one of the largest chains of fitness clubs in the New York City area on new location development and permitting issues.
- Variance application for a major 300,000 square-foot shopping center to authorize a new 50,000 square-foot specialty food market.
- The rezoning of a 7.5-acre parcel in Corona, Queens, from manufacturing to high-density residential.
- Advising and representing the interests of multiple cooperative/condominium boards and prominent civic associations concerning a proposed 28-story mixed–use development on the Upper East Side of Manhattan.
- Successfully lobbying the New York City Council to reverse a Landmark Preservation Commission designation of a North Fork Bank branch (the first reversal in over 15 years).
- Multimillion dollar tax abatement (ICIP) for the largest commercial office development in Jamaica, Queens.
- Real Estate
- Commercial Litigation
- Business Law
- Franchise Law
For questions or additional information about Einbinder & Dunn's real estate services, please contact Einbinder & Dunn by clicking here to fill out a contact form or by calling 866-490-4909 or 212-391-9500 to speak with one of the firm's partners.