Representing Clients in Franchise Development & Expansion
More franchise units. Higher stakes. Less margin for error.
Einbinder & Dunn's extensive history representing both franchisors and franchisees enables it to assist multi-unit franchisees and area developer clients in achieving their business objectives and staying one step ahead of competitors. The firm's experience and unique perspective also mean working with attorneys who can anticipate issues and offer more all-encompassing solutions that carry both short- and long-term benefits.
For multi-unit franchisees and area developer clients, the firm can assist in negotiating the area development agreement, including important aspects such as development schedules and payment arrangements. In practice, the firm assists its multi-unit franchisee and area developer clients in all matters relating to:
- Purchasing of new and existing franchise units, purchasing units of new franchise systems, franchise sales, and advice on proper due diligence
- Negotiations with franchisors, including the negotiation of renewals of existing franchise agreements
- Review of franchise disclosure documents and franchise agreements
- Review and negotiation of commercial leases and the resolution of environmental and building code issues
- Negotiation, drafting and review of third-party agreements, including contracts with independent contractors, supply agreements, and employment confidentiality and non-compete agreements
- Negotiation, drafting or review of partnership and shareholder agreements
- Litigation in state and federal courts and representing clients in various arbitration and mediation venues
- Individualized estate planning solutions for multi-unit franchisees, including the use of trusts and the development of business succession and family wealth transfer plans
Whether a client operates two franchises, owns 20 units of a single franchise brand or has a diversified portfolio of more than 100 units, the perspective and approach found at Einbinder & Dunn translate into cost-effective, top-quality legal services that meet a more comprehensive range of needs for multi-unit franchisees and area developers regionally, nationally and internationally.
Finally, the firm's partners and experienced staff of associate lawyers take a hands-on approach to each matter, offering individual attention, accessibility and responsiveness to all clients.
- Franchise Law Overview
- Services For Franchisors
- Services for Franchisees
- Franchise Real Estate
- Representative Franchise Systems
- Franchise Dispute Resolution: Litigation, Arbitration & Mediation
- Franchise News / Case Notes
- Franchise Articles & Media
- Franchise Resources
- Franchising Successes
- Bankruptcy and Franchising
- Group or Association Claims
- Commercial Litigation
- Business Law
- Real Estate
For questions or additional information about Einbinder & Dunn's franchise law services, please contact Einbinder & Dunn by clicking here to fill out a contact form or by calling 866-490-4909 or 212-391-9500 to speak with one of the firm's partners.