Franchise Lawyer Blog
- Retail SpacesSeptember 24, 2021Retail businesses and storefronts took a major hit in 2020 because of the COVID-19 pandemic, as fewer people were inclined to go inside a store. In some business districts and...
- The PRO ACT and Its Impact on FranchisingMay 19, 2021
On March 9, 2021, the House of Representatives passed the Protecting Right to Organize (PRO) Act (H.R.842). The Pro Act expands various labor protections related...
- Joint Employer - Recent DevelopmentsSeptember 15, 2020
Last week, the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York in the case New York v Scalia invalidated the Department of Labor’s (DOL) recently...
- Re-Opening New York Franchised BusinessesJune 16, 2020
COVID-19 impacted New York more than anywhere else in the world, spreading rapidly, especially through New York City, resulting in approximately 30,000 deaths statewide....
- A Message About COVID-19March 23, 2020Recently, we have received numerous inquiries from clients, including those in the retail and hospitality industries, concerned about the impact that Covid-19 will have on their businesses. Although the landscape...
- A Franchisor's Due Diligence for International FranchisingJanuary 28, 2020When a U.S. franchise system wants to expand internationally, the franchisor must perform the appropriate due diligence before selling units to franchisees in another country. Franchisors must...
- Franchise Disclosure Documents and RegistrationJanuary 20, 2020The proper preparation of a franchise disclosure document (“FDD”) can be complex and the rules governing such preparation are often evolving, so it is beneficial for franchisors to engage a...
- Franchising and Real EstateNovember 27, 2019Franchise law often overlaps with real estate law for the simple reason that many franchised businesses need a commercial or retail space in which to...
- Multi-Unit Franchisees and Area DevelopersNovember 22, 2019Multi-unit and area development agreements are two more aggressive ways to grow a franchise system. However, with these endeavors come higher stakes and less...
- How A Franchisor Makes Its Website Legally CompliantJuly 25, 2019
Franchising is highly regulated to create a fair and open marketplace for potential franchisees looking to make an investment in a business. In addition to...
- Franchise Legal ServicesOur understanding of both sides of the franchising dynamic has proven invaluable to franchisors and franchisees. >
- Commercial LitigationWe handle complex cases in a manner that is both more experienced and affordable than our competitors. >
- Commercial Real Estate AttorneysOur firm handles
purchases and sales,
financing and the
development of com-
mercial properties. >
- Business Lawyers in NYCOur firm represents
clients in structuring,
and litigation for
businesses of all
- Fashion Law FirmWe bring decades
of experience to the
area of fashion law
for designers, manu-
and importers. >
- Restaurant Lawyers in NYCWe represent restaurant owners, independent and franchised, in business development, lease negotiation and dispute resolution. >