Franchise Lawyer Blog
- Restaurant Leases: Your lease should be an asset, not a liabilityJune 19, 2019Restaurant Leases: Your lease should be an asset, not a liability
When opening a restaurant, the restaurant owner’s top priority lease concerns typically are the financial and business...
- Commercial Leases in Franchising, continuedMarch 19, 2019Negotiating Relocation Rights for Franchisees/Tenants
A relocation provision, in its simplest description, is a contractual right in a commercial lease that permits the landlord to relocate a tenant...
- How Does Termination of a Master Franchise Agreement Affect the Unit Franchisees?February 04, 2019A master franchise is quite different from other types of franchises such as the single unit, multi-unit or area development franchise. A master franchise agreement grants the right to another...
- The New FASB Rule: What Does it mean for Franchisors?November 20, 2018As we highlighted in a previous blog, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (“FASB”) new rule on revenue recognition requires a franchisor to recognize revenue from the sale of a franchise...
- Franchisor Accounting IssuesJuly 11, 2018The Financial Accounting Standards Board (“FASB) issued new revenue recognition guidelines that take into effect in 2019 for private companies. The guidelines are applicable to public companies this year. The...
- Finding the Best in FranchisingJune 22, 2018A commercial real estate client called me and told me that he had decided to change directions and buy a business. He remembered that we are very active in franchise...
- NLRB Vacates Pro-Corporation Ruling in Joint Employer CaseMarch 13, 2018A Trump-appointee’s conflict of interest has resulted in a blow to U.S. corporations, including franchisors. As we previously posted on our Franchise Lawyer blog, the National Labor Relations’ Board...
- The Enforceability of Non-Compete Agreements in CaliforniaFebruary 26, 2018The Enforceability of Non-Compete Agreements in California Franchise agreements often contain a prohibition against competition. If the franchisee operates in California, or if California Law otherwise applies to a franchise...
- Commercial Leases for Franchisors and FranchiseesFebruary 06, 2018An Introduction to Commercial Leasing Concepts If you are a business owner considering leasing space for a retail location, an office or any other commercial purpose, you would be well-advised...
- NLRB and House of Representatives Overrule Browning-Ferris and Reinstate Prior Joint-Employer StandardDecember 18, 2017The last month has brought about significant developments with respect to the definition of a “joint employer.” These developments are critically important, and are good news for Franchisors and Franchisees,...
- Franchise Legal ServicesOur understanding of both sides of the franchising dynamic has proven invaluable to franchisors and franchisees. >
- Commercial LitigationWe handle complex cases in a manner that is both more experienced and affordable than our competitors. >
- Commercial Real Estate AttorneysOur firm handles
purchases and sales,
financing and the
development of com-
mercial properties. >
- Business Lawyers in NYCOur firm represents
clients in structuring,
and litigation for
businesses of all
- Fashion Law FirmWe bring decades
of experience to the
area of fashion law
for designers, manu-
and importers. >
- Restaurant Lawyers in NYCWe represent restaurant owners, independent and franchised, in business development, lease negotiation and dispute resolution. >