Business Law Blog
- Arbitration versus LitigationJune 08, 2022In my practice, I have tried cases in court as well as in arbitration. I am also an arbitrator and have held numerous hearings as both an individual neutral and...
- New York Trade Secrets UpdateMay 05, 2022Recently, the Second Circuit Court of Appeals provided its first detailed treatment of the definition of trade secrets under the Defend Trade Secrets Act of 2016 (‘DTSA’) in Turret Labs...
- A Closer Look at the New Rule Permitting Remote DepositionsFebruary 24, 2022Lawyers everywhere (and their clients) have adapted to various court processes proceeding remotely during the pandemic. The ability to use technology has kept the court system functioning and the legal...
- Force Majeure: A Force to be Reckoned WithAugust 20, 2021Mackenzie Dimitri of Einbinder & Dunn recently represented a national retail-based commercial tenant in a case in the Supreme Court of New York, successfully opposing a motion for summary judgment...
- The F-Word: Force MajeureJune 09, 2021
As discussed in a previous blog post, many commercial tenants looked to the force majeure clauses in their leases for relief during the COVID-19 pandemic. As...
- Helping Restaurants SurviveOctober 22, 2020Helping Restaurants Survive
As we’ve written previously, many of our clients are restaurant operators, some franchise and some independent. We have helped them...
- Every Business Needs a Lawyer - Outside General CounselJuly 23, 2020
Not every business has its own lawyer. In fact, most businesses are small to mid-sized businesses that are large enough to require advice on sophisticated legal...
- Force Majeure Clauses in Commercial LeasesJune 03, 2020A “force majeure clause” is a provision found in many different types of contracts, especially in commercial leases, which relieves both parties of their respective liabilities and obligations under the...
- Will Your Business's Legal Structure Work?May 04, 2020Will your business’s legal structure work? Does your business have a legal structure that will guide ownership through both success and hard times?
- Forward Thinking Now for Urgent Needs LaterApril 30, 2020Forward Thinking Now for Urgent Needs Later
No one wants to think about the practical problems that can be created by a serious illness, but bear with...
- Franchise Legal ServicesOur understanding of both sides of the franchising dynamic has proven invaluable to franchisors and franchisees. >
- Commercial LitigationWe handle complex cases in a manner that is both more experienced and affordable than our competitors. >
- Commercial Real Estate AttorneysOur firm handles
purchases and sales,
financing and the
development of com-
mercial properties. >
- Business Lawyers in NYCOur firm represents
clients in structuring,
and litigation for
businesses of all
- Fashion Law FirmWe bring decades
of experience to the
area of fashion law
for designers, manu-
and importers. >
- Restaurant Lawyers in NYCWe represent restaurant owners, independent and franchised, in business development, lease negotiation and dispute resolution. >