- October 20, 2021Stephanie Blumstein was a speaker this year at the American Bar Association’s 44th Annual Forum on Franchising in Atlanta, Georgia. On October 14 and 15, 2021, Ms. Blumstein co-presented a program titled “Eureka or Gotcha Moment? Reliance, Materiality, and Loss Causation: Analysis of Key Elements of Franchisee Claims for Franchise Disclosure,” focusing on franchisee claims based on improper franchise disclosures and the related issues of reliance, materiality, and loss causation.
- June 03, 2021Michael Einbinder has been ranked as one of the top franchise attorneys in the United States by Chambers and Partners in the 2021 USA Ranking Guide. Chambers and Partners is a London-based organization that conducts independent research into the top law firms and attorneys worldwide, ranking them based upon their expertise and experience, client-service, effectiveness, as well as other factors. We are honored to have one of our own be recognized by such a prestigious organization.
- April 26, 2021Einbinder & Dunn LLP will be attending the 2021 IFA Legal Symposium on May 4th – 6th. Mackenzie Dimitri and Stephanie Blumstein will both be speakers in this year’s programming. Mackenzie will be a speaker on a panel for a program entitled, “Legal and Moral Considerations When Including Social Justice Issues In Brand Positioning and Control”, focusing on the legal issues associated with social justice or political statements and positions and how moral and political principles affect them. Stephanie will be a speaker on a panel for a program entitled, “Basics Track: Franchise Litigation” focusing on important procedural considerations, typical claims and defenses, and practical strategies for optimizing your likelihood of success whether in settlement or trial. Be sure to register for the IFA Legal Symposium here: https://www.franchise.org/events/2021-legal-symposium
- Franchise Law Journal: Winter 2020 EditionMarch 16, 2020
- Assignments and Collateral Assignments of Commercial LeasesJanuary 28, 2020
- 2 Reports Raise Real Estate Concerns for FranchisorsOctober 02, 2019
- Franchising & The PandemicDecember 01, 2021It’s not surprising that many retail and other consumer-facing businesses struggled during the pandemic, and some suffered more than others. Businesses that required close customer contact were going to have...
- Retail SpacesSeptember 24, 2021Retail businesses and storefronts took a major hit in 2020 because of the COVID-19 pandemic, as fewer people were inclined to go inside a store. In some business districts and...
- The PRO ACT and Its Impact on FranchisingMay 19, 2021
On March 9, 2021, the House of Representatives passed the Protecting Right to Organize (PRO) Act (H.R.842). The Pro Act expands various labor protections related...
- Force Majeure: A Force to be Reckoned WithAugust 20, 2021Mackenzie Dimitri of Einbinder & Dunn recently represented a national retail-based commercial tenant in a case in the Supreme Court of New York, successfully opposing a motion for summary judgment...
- The F-Word: Force MajeureJune 09, 2021
As discussed in a previous blog post, many commercial tenants looked to the force majeure clauses in their leases for relief during the COVID-19 pandemic. As...
- Helping Restaurants SurviveOctober 22, 2020Helping Restaurants Survive
As we’ve written previously, many of our clients are restaurant operators, some franchise and some independent. We have helped them...
- Franchise Legal ServicesOur understanding of both sides of the franchising dynamic has proven invaluable to franchisors and franchisees. >
- Commercial LitigationWe handle complex cases in a manner that is both more experienced and affordable than our competitors. >
- Commercial Real Estate AttorneysOur firm handles
purchases and sales,
financing and the
development of com-
mercial properties. >
- Business Lawyers in NYCOur firm represents
clients in structuring,
and litigation for
businesses of all
- Fashion Law FirmWe bring decades
of experience to the
area of fashion law
for designers, manu-
and importers. >
- Restaurant Lawyers in NYCWe represent restaurant owners, independent and franchised, in business development, lease negotiation and dispute resolution. >